Identity area
Reference code
ARO/4/13
Title
'Orders entered in this book which are proper to be referred to'
Date(s)
- 1730s - 1740s (Creation)
Level of description
Item
Extent and medium
1 item
Context area
Name of creator
(1732 - 1925)
Administrative history
Building work began on the Assembly Rooms in 1730 and was completed by 1735. However, they were first used in the summer of 1732 for Ebor Race week. The Assembly Rooms have since undergone alterations. For example, a new entrance front was designed by J. P. Pritchett in 1828. The Assembly Rooms were purchased by York Corporation in 1925.
Repository
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Accruals
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Open
Material is available subject to the usual terms and conditions of access to Archives and Local History collections.
Conditions governing reproduction
Images are supplied for private research only at the Archivist's discretion. Please note that material may be unsuitable for copying on conservation grounds. Researchers who wish to publish material must seek copyright permission from the copyright owner.
Language of material
- English
Script of material
Language and script notes
Finding aids
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Notes area
Alternative identifier(s)
legacy
M23.19