Série Y/COU/5/2/9 - Museum and Art Gallery Committee minutes

Zona de identificação

Código de referência

Y/COU/5/2/9

Título

Museum and Art Gallery Committee minutes

Data(s)

  • 1912-1981 (Produção)

Nível de descrição

Série

Dimensão e suporte

3 volumes

Zona do contexto

Nome do produtor

(1912-1932)

História administrativa

The Exhibition Buildings and its art collection were transferred to the council from its trustees in 1893. In 1912 this committee was set up to manage the art gallery. There was no museum until the Castle Museum was opened in 1938, but the committee usedread more

Nome do produtor

(1932-c.1974)

História administrativa

The art gallery buildings were used and altered by the military authorities during WWII. The building was improved and redeveloped between 1948-1951. First professional curator appointed in 1947. Opened a folk museum in the female prison within Yorkread more

Entidade detentora

Zona de condições de acesso e utilização

Condições de acesso

Open

Material is available subject to the usual terms and conditions of access to Archives and Local History collections.

Condiçoes de reprodução

Images are supplied for private research only at the Archivist's discretion. Please note that material may be unsuitable for copying on conservation grounds. Researchers who wish to publish material must seek copyright permission from the copyright owner.

Idioma do material

  • inglês

Zona das notas

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

legacy

BC56 and BC57