Floor plan for the proposed Festival Concert Rooms, attached to the rear of the York Assembly Rooms. The plan shows the proposed location for the concert hall in relation to existing buildings, and the proposed internal layout.
The Festival Concert Rooms were designed by Atkinson and Sharpe, and were constructed in 1825. Originally only accessed through the Assembly Rooms, an entrance was later created from Museum Street, probably as part of the programme to widen the street during to the construction of Lendal Bridge in the 1860s. The building was demolished in 1974.
York Assembly Rooms